1. Higgins P.D. et al. Epidemiology of constipation in North-America: a systematic review. Am J gastroenterol. 2004;99:750-759.
2. Dehghani, S.M. et al. (2013). Urinary tract infection and enuresis in children with chronic functional constipation. Iranian J Kidney Dis 7, 363–366.
3. Rossi, M. et al. (2015). Management of constipation in Parkinson’s disease. Expert Opin Pharmacother 16, 547–557.
4. Guerin, A.et al. (2014). Risk of developing colorectal cancer and benign colorectal neoplasm in patients with chronic constipation. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 40, 83–92.
5. Mostafa, S.M., et al. (2003). Constipation and its implications in the critically ill patient. Br J Anaesth 91, 815–819.
6. Picard et al. Review article: Bifidobacteria as probiotic agent-physiological effects and clinical benefits. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2005;22:495-512.
7. Zoppi et al. the intestinal ecosystem in chronic functional constipation. Acta Paediatr. 1998;87(8):836-841.
8. Fiorini, K., et al.(2017). A comparative review of common laxatives in the treatment of constipation. Minerva Chir 72, 265–273.
9. Huang L. et al. (2017). Microbial treatment in chronic constipation. Sci China Life Sci. 2018 Jan 23.